WHEW! We have had a busy month so far.
- The spraying on county regulated drains will be beginning soon. We are going to try to reach as much as possible with ground spraying teams this year. I will do my best to notify all land owners so that they are not surprised when they see crews around their property along the ditches.
- The heavy rains have, once again, exposed numerous problem areas along some of our major waterways. I have been working on one or two of them already and I am waiting on authorization from regulatory agencies to begin work.
- Other, smaller drains have work scheduled to be done on them. That work will be bid out this month and reviewed at next months board meeting.
- A problematic beaver dam was removed from Rueger Drain. It was holding a significant amount of water which was creating a backwater. I am pleased to say that it’s removal was done quickly and now the drain is flowing properly.
- Big Creek has a number of serious issues to address. Land owners have been bringing them to my attention. Some of them are a work in progress but others will be discussed at the next board meeting.
- The Section Corner Perpetuation Project has begun!! If you see any survey crews working on or near roadways, please give them room.
- I have gotten a request form placed on this website for the purposes of requesting section corner information. Just fill it out and I will send you the requested information within 1 business day.
Wednesday afternoon and Thursday, 5/10-5/11, I will be out of town. However, I will still be available via phone.
As always, if you have any concerns or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to call, email, or FB message me. I work for you.
Adam M. Bigge
Posey County Surveyor