Absentee Ballot by Mail: Absentee Applications are being accepted until October 22nd by calling (812) 838-1339 or log into indianavoters.gov. To be eligible to vote by mail you must have a specific reason that you cannot vote in person. Some of the reasons are: you are a voter with disabilities, over 65 years of age, caring for a confined individual over the 12 hours the polls are open, the voter is confined to their residence/health care facility/etc., going to be absent from the county for the 12 hours on Election Day, to name a few. For a complete list of approved reasons visit indianavoters.gov.
Ballots will be mailed out and are due back to the Election Office by noon on Tues., Nov. 3rd to be counted. Ballots can ONLY be returned by mail, in-person by the voter, their Power of Attorney, or by someone in the voter’s household.
Absentee Ballot by Travel Board: If a voter is confined and/or unable to mark their own bal-lot, then a bi-partisan Travel Board team can visit their residence to assist with marking and preparing their ballot if necessary. Contact (812) 838-1339 to request an Application for Absentee Ballot by Traveling Board prior to the deadline of noon on Nov. 2nd.
Early in-person voting: Beginning Oct. 6th thru Oct. 30th any registered voter can vote in per-son at the Courthouse M-F between 8am – 4pm, on Sat., Oct. 24th & Oct. 31st between 9am – 4pm and Nov. 2nd 8am – 12pm. Also on Sat., Oct. 24th & Oct. 31st you may vote either at the Marrs Township Fire Station or the Poseyville Community Center between 9am – 4pm.
Election Day: Tues., Nov. 3rd from 6am – 6pm. Posey County is now a Vote Center County; therefore, registered voters may vote at ANY of the following 10 locations no matter where they reside within Posey County:
1. Cynthiana Community Center, 10456 Mulkey Rd., Cynthiana
2. Holy Angels Community Center, 423 South St., New Harmony
3. Immanuel Church of Christ, 5812 Ford Rd., Mt. Vernon
4. Knights of St. John, 11714 Winery Rd., Wadesville
5. Mt. Vernon Community Church, 1800 W. 4th St., Mt. Vernon
6. Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, 1717 N. Main St., Mt. Vernon
7. Posey County Community Center, 111 Harmony Township Rd., NH
8. Poseyville Community Center, 60 N. Church St., Poseyville
9. St. Peter United Methodist Church, 2800 St. Philip Rd. S, Evansville
10. Wadesville Fire Department, 4200 Princeton St., Wadesville
**The deadline to register to vote or change your address for the General Election is Mon., Oct. 5th. You may call the Election Office for a Registration form or visit indianavoters.gov.