Posey County Sheriff’s Office
Office Address (physical /mailing)
1201 O’Donnell Road
Mt. Vernon, IN, 47620
To request a deputy for service call Posey County Dispatch at (812) 838-1320
Sheriff’s Office and/or Jail call (812) 838-1321
- Option 1 for jail
- Option 2 for administration
P.C.S.O. Professionalism, Commitment. Strength. Openness
Sheriff’s Office Info
- The Sheriff, in each county, is the only constitutional law enforcement office within the state of Indiana.
- The Sheriff’s Office’s primary responsibility is court security, jail/confinement, and court civil process.
- The Sheriff also provides enforcement of state laws and county ordinances.
- The Sheriff may supervise and inspect all pawnbrokers, vendors, junkshop keepers, cartmen, expressmen, dealers in secondhand merchandise, intelligence offices, and auctions. The Sheriff may authorize any deputy in writing to exercise the same powers.
The current jail/confinement center was completed in 2018. The center is capable of housing 208 inmates.
“The vision of the Posey County Sheriff’s Office is to protect and serve our county with professionalism, integrity, and compassion.”
“As an agency, we are dedicated to achieving our vision through receptive and inventive leadership that is both transparent and accountable to our county and communities within. With categorical commitment, we seek to achieve our mission with dignity, honor, and organizational pride.”
Outside resources and useful links.
Helpful Documents and Applications