www.indianavoters.gov. To be eligible to vote by mail you must have a specific VALID reason that you cannot vote in person. Some of the reasons are: you are a voter with disabilities, caring for a confined individual over the 12 hours the polls are open, the voter is confined to their residence/health care facility/etc., going to be absent from the county for the 12 hours on Election Day, to name a few. For a complete list of approved reasons visit www.indianavoters.gov.Absentee Ballot by Mail: Absentee Applications are being accepted until October 27th by calling (812) 838-1339 or log into
Ballots will be mailed out and are due back to the Election Office by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November. 8th to be counted. Ballots can ONLY be returned by mail, in-person by the voter, their Power of Attorney, by someone in the voter’s household or a family member (as defined for poll worker eligibility purposes in IC 3-6-6-7(a)(4)).
Absentee Ballot by Travel Board: If a voter is confined and/or unable to mark their own ballot, then a bi-partisan Travel Board team can visit their residence or healthcare facility to assist with marking and preparing their ballot if necessary. Contact (812) 838-1339 to request an Application for Absentee Ballot by Traveling Board prior to the deadline of noon on Monday, Nov. 7th.
Early in-person voting: Beginning Wednesday, October 12th thru Friday, November 4th any registered voter can vote in person at the Courthouse M-F between 8am – 4pm, on Saturday, October 29th & November 5th between 9am – 4pm and November 7th 8am – 12pm. Also on Saturday, October 29th & November 5th you may vote either at the Marrs Township Fire Station, 5960 N. Ford Rd., Mt. Vernon or the Poseyville Community Center, 60 N. Church St., Poseyville between 9am – 4pm.
Election Day: Tues., November 8th from 6am – 6pm. Posey County is now a Vote Center County; therefore, registered voters may vote at ANY of the following 10 locations no matter where they reside within Posey County:
- Cynthiana Community Center, 10456 Mulkey Rd., Cynthiana
- Holy Angels Community Center, 423 South St., New Harmony
- Immanuel Church of Christ, 5812 Ford Rd., Mt. Vernon
- Knights of St. John, 11714 Winery Rd., Wadesville
- Mt. Vernon Community Church, 1800 W. 4th St., Mt. Vernon
- Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, 1717 N. Main St., Mt. Vernon
- Posey County Community Center, 111 Harmony Township Rd., NH
- Poseyville Community Center, 60 N. Church St., Poseyville
- St. Peter United Methodist Church, 2800 St. Philip Rd. S, Evansville
- Wadesville Fire Department, 4200 Princeton St., Wadesville
**The deadline to register to vote or change your address for the General Election is Tuesday, October 11th. You may call the Election Office for a Registration form or visit www.indianavoters.gov.